Chemonics seeks an investment and finance director for USAID’s planned water, sanitation and hygiene business in Senegal. The purpose of this new business is to increase sustainable access to better sanitation and water services, while increasing consumer demand. The director of finance and investment will be responsible for overseeing technical activities that improve financial management capability, profitability, and access to finance for water and sanitation public and private sector stakeholders. This position will be based in Dakar, Senegal with frequent travel to target business areas throughout Senegal.
Chemonics International Inc. is a United States-based international development consultancy, operating in over 95 countries. We are looking for people who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Design and execute financing strategies to increase investments in the WASH market in Senegal
- Provide leadership in understanding market dynamics to inform attraction and crowding-focused business interventions in public and private finance for water and sanitation products and services
- Support WASH investments by structuring and managing projects or agreements with private sector partners to expand access to water and sanitation services and infrastructure
- Serve as the primary liaison with a diverse group of finance providers, such as microfinance institutions, development banks, commercial banks
- Oversee capacity building interventions that strengthen local funding providers
- Work across teams to ensure that the perspectives and voices of women, youth and underrepresented or underserved groups are integral to the implementation of the activity
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, marketing, public policy, public administration, economics or other relevant field; preferred advanced title
- 8 years of relevant professional experience in finance and/or private sector engagement
- Demonstrated ability to act as an effective interlocutor between finance providers and loan seekers with the ability to propose and deliver finance solutions to disadvantaged clients
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain collaborative and productive working relationships with US and local government counterparts, private sector associations, civil society organizations
- Proven experience of working simultaneously with public and private sector stakeholders, resulting in the achievement of project outcomes
- Proven experience in strategic planning and using innovative approaches to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and French (required)
How to apply
Please email with your updated CV, cover letter and contact details of three professional references attached and “Director of Finance and Investment Senegal WASH Activities” in the subject line a Mr. Luca DiDomenico to [email protected] by March 17, 2023. No phone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact the finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, information genetics, age, membership of an employee organization or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics takes great care to protect your personal information. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruitment Data Privacy Notice to learn how we handle your personal data. The information can be accessed via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.