TITLE: PROGRAM FINANCE OFFICER
POSITION: Regional OfficeDakar, Senegal
GRADE: National 4
LENGTH OF THE CONTRACT: 2 years
PROTECTION OF CHILDREN:
Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people or frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in a month or more or overnight) because they work on national programmes; or are visiting national programs; or because they are responsible for the implementation of the police control / control process personnel.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The West and Central Africa Region has a Regional Office (RO) in Dakar. The primary role of the RO is to support and build the capacity of nine country offices across the region. The RO is also a small business unit and as such receives funding from SCI and donors to manage both oversight related operations and regional programs. The RO will need back-office support to ensure proper use and management of these funds; the Program Finance Officer supports the financial operations of the RO.
The Program Finance Officer will work as part of the WCA Regional Finance team and his or her primary function is to serve as the finance liaison for the Regional Office implementing Partners and Awards Finance Management. The program finance officer contributes to the implementation of policies and procedures and ensures that controls and procedures for regional awards and partners are implemented. The post holder also assumes some duties of the Program Finance Coordinator and other finance staff during their absences. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and will be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Program Financial Coordinator
Number of direct reports: Nobody
Role size: The SCI WCA Regional Office has a total annual expenditure of approximately $10 million, with $4 million for RO core work (overseeing the work of 9 country offices in the region) and $6 million for RO-implemented programs. The Program Finance Officer will be responsible for the financial management of approximately $3 million of these programs.
Annual gross salary level : XOF12,000,000 – XOF16,000,000 (offer will be based on internal experience/assets and financial standing).
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Monitoring of transactions to verify their accuracy
- Work with budget holders to ensure accurate budget steps are executed and uploaded to the financial system.
- Ensure adherence to Save the Children’s global policies and essential standards in relation to financial processes and procedures.
- Work closely with the business development team to establish and consolidate any regional proposal budget
- Prepare monthly reports on budget vs. actual results (BVA) for budget holders for awards, discuss and agree actions with budget holders
- Process the reallocation of expenses as requested by the budget holders.
- Take all necessary financial actions prior to the close of awards
- Mark any unspent rewards at least three months before the closing date
- Mark and prepare any necessary adjustments on transactions
- Continuously improve compliance with donor regulations and report any exceptions to management
- Actively assist the Program Finance Coordinator in gathering necessary information for key budgeting and forecasting
- Prepare financial reports of regional donor awards
- Review partner expenses and follow up to get any missing documents and clarifications
- Reconcile partner accounts
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate and complete paper records of all partner awards and documents.
- Perform partner monitoring visits and trainings
- Make sure regional awards are ready for audits
- Gather documentation for audits and liaise with auditors as required
- Undergo short-distance secondments to country offices in the region to assist with program-related financial duties
- Carry out other relevant Save the Children duties assigned by the supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- CPA or ACCA qualified accountant and a bachelor’s degree in business
- 2 to 4 years’ experience at Finance Officer level with an INGO or similar institution
- Knowledge of the principles of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control, including generally accepted accounting principles. Knowledge of automated financial reporting and accounting systems.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- A high level of written and verbal communication in English and French and interpersonal skills.
- Proven knowledge and experience in using computers (MS-Excel, PowerPoint and MS-Word), preferably with the Agresso accounting package.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
Follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4wMTIyOC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20